Thursday, October 6, 2011

Mommy Snafus

I am in a constant state of "busted" with my kids---it was so much easier when they couldn't read or comprehend four letter expletives.  Ahhh.....the days I could talk like a sailor, cursing my dishwasher, while my babies toddled around and cooed at me not understanding a word I said....."wah wah wah" was the translation, just like the teacher in Charlie Brown. Those were the good ol' days.....

Yesterday I dropped a glass jar of spaghetti sauce.......splattered all over me and the kitchen----while battling with the dog to keep him out of the mess and broken glass, I lobbed a KABOOM of an f-bomb.......I froze.  The dog and I stared at each other with silent fear, like two soldiers deep in the trenches awaiting a possible enemy attack.  It was quiet.  Too quiet...."WAIT!" I remembered the kids were playing outside....and then......Napalm....

"UMMMMMM.....MOMMY.....WE HEARD THAT!"  Crap.  There is no coming back from that---no way to un-ring that bell.  Those damn Mommy Snafus will get you every time!

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog. Once when my 24 year old daughter was 4 years old we were driving along together in my very large, environmentally insensitive SUV when a guy cut me off. From out of nowhere, she said "you F___ing A__hole!!" I said, "Where did you hear that?" And of course she said she heard Mama say it all the time.....Priceless memories!!

    ReplyDelete